India has Risen to Number 4 in Cumulative Installed Wind Capacity.
- Over 27000 MW installed capacity in India with
over 3000 MW installed in FY 2015-16.
- INR 25,000 crores (USD 3.73 billion) of total
investment made in manufacturing in India
- India has a robust, time-tested manufacturing
capacity of 9,500 MW, which can be ramped
upto 15,000 MW
- Estimated wind energy potential in the country
is 302 GW at 100 meters hub height
- Several leading Original Equipment
Manufacturers have undertaken Research
and Development to develop technology to
harness wind energy at 120 meters hub height
- Wind Energy has an export potential of USD 2
Billion per annum – which is currently estimated
5 million per annum
- India has declared at UNCOP21 that it will
achieve 40% cumulative electric power installed
capacity from non-fossil fuel based energy
resources by 2030
- In the next 6 years, the Wind Energy sector
expected to grow @ of 6 GW per annum to
achieve the targets
Ecosystem & Make In India
India has a robust, time-tested manufacturing capacity of 9,500 MW, which can be ramped up to 15,000 MW. Indigenisation is more than 75%, with a strong supply chain hub and in-house R&D facilities to harness in low- and medium-wind regimes.
The retail markets by Small and Medium Enterprises, the interest shown by Public Sector Units, and the presence of a growing number of Independent Power Producers backed by international funding make this industry incredibly vibrant and pulsating.
To put it simply, the industry is unstoppable just like the wind.